Senior Account Executive, Tech Media Relations
New York, New York, United States
Do you nerd out on and keep a close pulse on today’s tech industry? Are you a great account manager and writer – and do you love pitching media? Weber Shandwick wants to see your resume for a Senior Associate position with our Technology team. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients, and we’re looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort.
From creative ideation to execution, this Senior Associate (Senior Account Exectuive) plays a key role on a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs.
We are looking for a driven Senior Associate candidate (3-4 years of experience) with an expertise in b2b technology and media relations. We are looking for someone who has a unique cross-over of enterprise/consumer tech with a heavy focus on media relations experience – a mix of mainstream, business and tech media knowledge is necessary; and counseling clients on and executing integrated media relations strategy. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities.
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must.
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work efficiently and smartly.
- Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s on a team, with a team or independently. Respect and kindness still go a long way.
- Technical: Knowledge of media databases is expected; familiarity with social tracking tools is a bonus.
- Detail-Oriented: Whether it’s a media list or a recap report, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential.
Integrated Media Relations and Writing
- Craft integrated media strategies for major campaigns and product launches
- Brainstorm and pitch compelling ideas for media and influencer pitch efforts
- Monitor media outlets for industry trends, coverage of client news and competitor developments
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Compose basic integrated media plans and contribute to plan development processes
- Develop proposals, releases, customer profiles, newsroom blogs, bylined articles, supporting social content and other press materials
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Note: This is media pitching heavy role, so applicants should enjoy pitching and already possess relationships with influential reporters in the tech landscape
Client & Team Engagement
- Communicate with clients on daily basis
- Provide thoughtful client counsel
- Serve as a key participant in client meetings and presentations
- Conduct and manage the flow of research and work materials necessary to analyze client issues
- Manage client and team resources and deliverables around major campaigns and product launches
- Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to juggle multiple client needs
- Manage event coordination and logistics
- Track/enter time daily with precision
- Assist with account budget and time entry analyses
- 3-4 years of experience in b2b technology PR/communications role (PR agency preferred), with expertise in writing, plan development, media relations strategy and execution, event management, speaking and awards submissions, social content, measurement, and monitoring
- Experience with both large-scale and start-up business environments preferred
- Understanding of AI and Cloud technologies is a huge bonus
- Collaborative work style
- Ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing
- A high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- A strong work ethic and an ability to be a self-starter
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.