Director, Performance Marketing Analytics
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Director, Performance Marketing Analytics
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Director, Analytics to join our team in Washington, DC. You will be joining a team of business strategists, data scientists and data engineers to power data-driven marketing and communications campaign planning, evaluation, and optimization. The incumbent will support the clients’ Enterprise Analytics teams as well as Weber Shandwick’s internal strategy, creative and media planning teams.
The Director, Analytics will oversee routine and ad-hoc reporting of marketing and communications performance, aimed at strategic insights. Duties will include:
- Independently prepare monthly, weekly, and ad hoc reports as necessary including key business metrics reports, performance reports, and dashboards with consistency and accuracy.
- Determine KPIs based on client goals and develop learning agendas, campaign measurement plans and strategic analytic plans that clearly illuminate performance to goal.
- Perform analysis of data and form conclusions/recommendations based on findings.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to foster data-driven strategy and execution.
- Partner with data scientists to ensure reporting contains statistically rigorous metrics and insights.
- Work with internal and external teams to identify areas of opportunity to grow, increase profitability and optimize program effectiveness.
- Keep pace with industry changes, technologies, and strategies.
- Mentor direct reports and other junior team members.
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Marketing, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of omni-channel data sources: CRM, social media, web, paid media, etc.
- 4 years of experience working with web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, CoreMetrics, Adobe Analytics, etc.).
- 3-5 years of experience using data visualization tools (Tableau, Calibermind, Domo, etc.).
- Knowledge of tag management tools like Google Tag Manager and Tealium.
- Experience defining goals and KPIs.
- Desire and ability to learn new things in the world of data and marketing.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task, work independently and learn technical information quickly.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Respectful, passionate & open-minded.
- Curious & knowledge-seeking.
- Experience with attribution and marketing mix modeling.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 80 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 128 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising AgeAgency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’sGlobal Digital Agency of the Year in 2016.
The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.