Account Director, Paid Planning & Buying
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Account Director, Paid Planning & Buying
Resolute Digital is a data driven marketing and technology firm headquartered in New York. Resolute has deep expertise in website analytics, search engine marketing, performance marketing, mobile and web design. Its’ data-first approach to audience intelligence, customer acquisition and brand engagement has delivered sophisticated digital mobile and paid media solutions for some of the world’s leading companies and brands.
Resolute is part of Weber Shandwick a leading global communications and engagement firm in 77 cities across 31 countries, with a network extending to 129 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Account Director – Paid Media (AD) is a senior management position accountable for all aspects of assigned clients’ digital programs. The AD is responsible developing, executing, and monitoring strategic and tactical cross-channel media plans for clients.
Media Strategy & Planning
- Successfully build, grow and “own” client relationships – understand their business and their needs and help them achieve their objectives, building a strong relationship and ultimately growing the business
- Lead strategic and tactical planning activities – accountable for developing, implementing and maintaining media plans that deliver against client objectives/strategies
- Evaluate/approve recommendations and presentations before they are sent to the client, and maintain quality control on daily workflow and media team processes
- Manage and be accountable for client budgets and timelines, oversee reports and client billing
- Assist in the negotiation of media contracts and programs/opportunities to ensure maximum leverage is applied
- Proactively investigate media opportunities and craft well-supported, articulate POVs to present to client
- Keep abreast of current events, media and any industry trends that impact your client’s business
- Work closely with team to set media strategies and develop media plans
- Accurately, objectively and constructively evaluate performance of direct reports
- Assist in training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating existing team members, as well as interviewing and hiring new team members
- Foster an environment which encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation and creativity
- 7-8 years of media experience with strong client and team leadership qualities
- Experience buying and managing complex full-funnel digital campaigns.
- Experience planning and placing television, radio, and out-of-home.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of KPI’s and attribution
- Experience working with DART/DFA or other relevant 3rd Party Ad Servers
- Google Analytics and Facebook Certifications a plus
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.