Vice President, Integrated Media Strategy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
VICE PRESIDENT – INTEGRATED MEDIA STRATEGY (DIGITAL/INFLUENCER LEAD)
At Weber Shandwick, we build brand stories worthy of coverage, conversation and engagement. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s (and the world’s) most iconic and beloved brands … and has fun while doing it!
If you’re a dynamic digital strategist with an integrated-marketing mindset, here’s an opportunity to play a leadership role at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency. Weber Shandwick Canada is PRovoke Media’s Canadian Agency of the Year, IABC Canadian Large Agency of the Year (five years running), and boasts the most exciting client list of any agency in the country.
We are currently seeking a Vice President to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto. We’re looking for a self-starter who can help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated media strategies. The position requires a digital expert with a deep understanding of social platforms and the influencer landscape, and the role they play in the larger media ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is constantly curious about what comes next in technology, in marketing trends, in media trends, and in what drives people to action. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to put their strategic skills to work driving engagement for great brands, who is highly collaborative, and who is willing to grow and lead a team doing bold new things.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to motivate a team, tap into their passion and lead with a sense of integrity, honesty and humility – a leader who isn’t afraid of rolling up their sleeves and diving into the work.
As a key leadership position reporting into the SVP of Integrated Media for Canada, this person will play a pivotal role in driving growth and innovation across the agency, and deepening our impact with clients through transformational digital work.
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and target audiences, and – working in close collaboration with our Creative, Insights and Client Experience teams – lead the creation and execution of integrated multiplatform campaigns that drive meaningful results
- Provide expert counsel to clients and colleagues on social/digital/influencer trends, issues and best practices – act as a thought leader who shares knowledge and expertise
- Lead the agency’s Digital/Influencer centre of excellence, which develops and manages key relationships with talent agencies and content creators, and institutionalizes a set of best-in-class systems, tools and processes for identification, contract negotiation, content planning, paid amplification, campaign optimization, measurement and ROI analysis
- Stay at the forefront of technology trends, new applications and emerging platforms to champion social and digital innovations and continuously further our offerings
- Collaborate effectively with inter-agency teams to develop holistic plans and fully integrated strategies for our clients
- Lead a high-performing team; mentor and develop junior team members
- 10+ years of experience, preferably within an agency environment
- Strong understanding of the overall media and social landscape, with an emphasis on digital experience
- Deep expertise in building and managing influencer programs
- Strong knowledge of social platforms, including amplification and campaign optimization, along with experience using paid social tools like Facebook Business Manager
- Familiarity with a broad set of social, media and influencer analytics tools
- Established relationships with outside partners, influencers, media and platforms
- Outstanding communication skills to successfully present program recommendations and establish trusted relationships with senior clients
- Proven new business expertise and success
- Proven experience building teams, managing and mentoring staffers and working collaboratively in a cross-functional setting
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.