Account Director – Consumer
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for a highly-experienced Account Director to join Weber Shandwick and run some of the agency’s biggest, most exciting accounts; you’ll be working with a brilliant team to oversee the running of the account, provide counsel and strategic direction, and motivate the team to craft work that truly is their best!
You’ll already work as an Account Director or Senior Account Director and have extensive agency experience with a strong grasp of PR, gained in a professional capacity.
And most importantly, you'll have passion and hunger!
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and improve the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients.
- Lead the delivery of high quality earned activity, which includes development of media and channel strategies, story development and management of third parties.
- Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions.
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally.
- Predict possible problems on the account and be ready to take care of any crises and action appropriately.
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to deliver accurate quotations for all client projects or new business work.
- Write well-structured, persuasive copy and help train others team colleagues to do the same.
- Contribute innovative ideas for client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members.
Who are you?
- A brilliant understanding of what makes an earned story – and how to make them travel across multiple channels.
- An excellent communicator, you'll build connections quickly with the people around you.
- Strategic mindset – you will be able to anticipate potential roadblocks and keep ahead of the curve with emerging trends.
- Proven project management skills, leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that is on brief, on time, and on budget.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to ensure profitability, avoiding over-servicing.
- Strong social and digital acumen – highly competent at developing and executing influencer programs, social listening and wider digital and social strategies
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties (re-imagined under COVID-19)
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us then you have not been successful on this occasion and we wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.