Senior Vice President, Client Experience, Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
Senior Vice President, Client Experience, Healthcare
Weber Shandwick’s New York office works with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, communicating about some of the most pressing health concerns.
We deliver innovative, impactful work for our clients that has resulted in significant growth of the practice and earned our teams multiple awards. This success is due to our people, our relationships, a culture that inspires, an incredible team of experts in scientific communications, and an embedded digital/social team who make our clients stand out. We are also well-connected to the large Weber Shandwick network, partnering daily with clients and colleagues globally.
About the Role
We are looking for a new SVP for the New York office.
This role will lead two major accounts in the New York office reporting to an EVP. This is a unique, career-enhancing role on large accounts, and an opportunity to partner with exceptional senior account leaders across the company.
This new leader’s overall responsibility is to be the day-to-day strategist for the clients, manage the overall relationship, deploy the teams in the most efficient and productive way to execute flawlessly, and be a supportive coach. The successful candidate will have experience with data and regulatory milestones along with consumer programs, and display passion, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always be better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams across offices. They will be a hands-on leader that fits with our overall culture. We are a company of doers even at the most senior level.
- Build and nurture client relationships and grow business by providing leadership, direction and strategic guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams and senior level clients
- Lead, develop and coach teams of 10-20 people
- Guide and inspire clients to continue expand the kinds of communications work they are doing digitally directly tied to meeting their business challenges
- Develop quality standards and ensure client satisfaction
- Draw on our total agency resources for every project, including health creative, digital and media specialists
- Educate teams to ensure that they are delivering state-of-the-art counsel and content to their clients
- Stay ahead of the shifts in the healthcare environment and provide guidance to teams and clients
- Participate in new business pitch development and/or presentations
- Participate as part of the practice leadership team on the operations of the group
- Actively engage in the culture of the agency to lead by example
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Mentor individuals so that they are able to achieve their professional goals
- Bachelor's degree required
- 11+ years of experience in PR inclusive of agency experience working on large scale integrated communications campaigns
- Deep knowledge of the pharma regulatory landscape
- Experience, at an agency or in-house, managing a large pharmaceutical account (over $1 million in billings) and the keen organizational skills needed to do so. Experience on accounts that span multiple cities with integrated account teams preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great track record of success leading teams and developing talent
- Proficiency in MSOffice, advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and other presentation platforms
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership qualities, and a collaborative attitude
- Propensity to organize thinking, break down complexity and manage shifting priorities at a fast pace
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.