Account Director, Client Experience, Healthcare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Account Director, Client Experience, Healthcare
The Weber Shandwick team in Washington, DC is seeking a Director for our rapidly growing healthcare practice. We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare, attuned to health policy priorities domestically and abroad, invested in health equity and who wants to make a difference for patients around the world. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
The Director will work closely with senior leaders in the healthcare practice, as well as with a team of talented junior staff to provide counsel and manage day-to-day workstreams, in addition to serving as a key client contact and providing healthcare public affairs and advocacy engagement counsel. The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. To be successful in this role, this individual must have a public affairs background and experience in health policy, advocacy and/or global health. The individual should have experience working on integrated public affairs campaigns, including but not limited to advocacy initiatives and/or disease awareness campaigns. You must have exceptional project management, writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into action. Bottom line: you are an ambitious go-getter who loves a challenge.
- Implement integrated public affairs campaigns for clients such as pharmaceutical companies, trade associations, medical societies, insurance companies, among others in the United States and on a global-level.
- Experience with integrated communications campaigns, including earned, paid and owned channels.
- Work closely with account senior leadership in the development of advocacy and healthcare policy campaigns, including coordination among interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists and global Weber Shandwick offices and vendors.
- Analyze and summarize trends in national, healthcare and policy media, review and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing clear and concise findings, distill highly complex and large amounts of information into strategic and actionable recommendations for clients.
- Lead teams to conduct research and media monitoring on a wide range of health policy issues.
- Lead the development of thought leadership content (blogs, fact sheets, reports, social media posts) for global health policy and health care public affairs clients on a range of policy and/or science-focused subjects.
- Maintain oversight of client budgets.
- Lead and support new business efforts for healthcare policy and advocacy clients, including contributing strategic recommendations to proposals.
- BA or BS in communications or related degree.
- 7-9 years of experience in health care communications, public affairs or global health advocacy with an understanding of the healthcare industry and preferably with experience working with pharmaceutical companies, large trade associations, medical societies or patient advocacy organizations.
- Knowledge of health policy issues in the United States. and/or global health issues.
- Experience working closely with several types of teams and ability to facilitate cross-functional team integration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Budget forecasting and management experience.
- Experience working with global teams across geographies and time zones.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.