Chicago, Illinois, United States
We Are Seeking
Weber Shandwick continues to lead and innovate in the digital space – infusing our award-winning Inline strategy to drive advocacy and engagement for clients. We’ve generated consistent buzz for transformational, digital campaigns for top multinational brands. We invest in a diverse range of talent and currently have strategists, community managers, producers, writers, developers, bloggers, and syndication and analytics experts embedded in offices worldwide – seamlessly collaborating and working across time zones and borders.
We're seeking a Creative Director to spearhead the development of original integrated earned media concepts and approaches, oversee multiple projects through execution, and inspire and manage a team of creatives. This individual will also provide the best in service and relationship management to our clients.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions that strengthen clients' market distinction and leadership position
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices
- Guide, teach and mentor members of the creative team in further developing ideas
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Mentor and lead staff to maintain consistent creative quality and award-winning work
- Lead concept, creative development, and presentation of new business development efforts
- With the Executive Creative Director, drive the collaborative efforts of the creative team
- Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 7-9 years of experience in a creative leadership role and managing a creative team (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables; must not be afraid to confront the problems
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, digital design trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, earned ideas; interaction and social media
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget/schedule; be aware of your deadlines and how to get there
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication abilities, internal and external
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Experience leading creative for large brands is preferred
- Experience leading social media creative efforts is preferred
- A clear understanding of what an “earned Idea” is
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced)
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.