Account Director, Client Experience
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Weber Shandwick is looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial Account Director to join our Client Experience team in Toronto.
The Weber Shandwick Toronto office is currently seeking a dynamic and flexible Account Director to join the Canadian team. Translation: we’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dive in, test and learn, challenge the status quo, all while leading by example and having fun while doing it!
The ideal candidate should have experience in brand and reputation building communications, managing executive visibility, media strategy and team leadership. The candidate will have the opportunity to drive a unique mix of clients supporting some of the world’s and Canada’s most iconic brands across multiple industries, while leading a team of practitioners and collaborating with Weber Shandwick’s network to develop strategic and creative client work. Wow! That was a mouthful.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Provide strategic counsel to clients where possible, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients
- Lead the delivery of high-profile accounts across multiple markets
- Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated (and having fun!) by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to deliver accurate quotations for all client projects or new business work
- Write well-structured, persuasive content and help train other team colleagues to do the same
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
- 8-10 years public relations experience, consumer PR background desired; digital understanding an asset, but not required
- Agency experience (preferred)
- Experience working on Consumer campaigns across industries
- You are both a creative and a strategic thinker, and a natural team leader
- Needs to have a track record in client service to senior level clients
- Strategic media relations knowledge
- BA or BS in Communications or related degree
If you are passionate about PR, love building solid client relationships, are a team player and like to have fun, we’d love to hear from you!
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.