Executive Vice President, Client Experience
New York, New York, United States
We Are Seeking:
Our New York office is looking for an Executive Vice President, Client Experience, who is seasoned in B2B/B2C Tech to lead one of the agencies largest tech portfolios. This person will be collaborating with other practices, strategic and creative leaders – and colleagues across the region to transform the Agency’s work for an iconic technology brand well known in its industry. We’re looking for a leader with a strong vision who is a doer, a maker, a coach and catalyst. Someone who is passionate about the work. About making it better. And then better again. Someone who has deft client management skills – all the way up to C-suite — and operational acumen. We need a leader who has the ability to spot and nurture talent. And who blends a depth of expertise with diverse marketing experience – across industries and from earned to integrated marketing. Someone who is energized, resilient and has political savvy.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partnering with an integrated team to define, present and guide strategy for client programs e.g., campaign launches, product launches, product recalls, industry and corporate announcements
- Lead of a large, media results-driven account and integrated media team
- Bringing a client-focused attitude that results in work being performed to the highest quality standards
- Proven aptitude to solve problems, handle crises, and make quick decisions with incomplete information
- Acting as an inspiring leader who supervises and develops staff members
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert on tech-related emerging platforms and successful integrated strategies
- Create growth opportunities with large tech client
- Set and shepherd vision for proactive business growth, global expansion and innovation of work
- Proactively counsel senior clients, relative to changing business environment and how we can help them navigate
- Shape vision for talent evolution across teams and group
- Effectively navigate global firm resources to bring optimal mix to grow/deepen client engagements
- Be a change agent and agitator for what’s new and next
- Senior client leader spanning 15+ years – agency experience required. Experience in other verticals such as corporate or consumer a bonus but not required
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Senior level client counsel experience
- Experience leading and collaborating with integrated account teams
- Proven track record of selling ideas to clients
- Deep understanding of tech media platforms and emerging trends
- Strong financial performance management experience
When Weber Shandwick was formed we set out a mission that, by design, has no end date. We committed to be “engaging always.” We knew then, and more so now, that being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver business impact in a rapidly changing environment.
Our journey to date might surprise you. From a powerful PR base, we’ve built-in one of the world’s largest, global social agencies. Then we added Mediaco, a pioneering, award-winning content consulting and publishing operation. And today, we continue to lead digital and advertising assignments for some of the world's most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we’ve been validated repeatedly by Ad Age’s “A List,” creative leadership at Cannes Lions and global frontrunner status in the PR category. Yet despite our industry-leading status among marketing services agencies, we're still just getting started. We strive to bring our collective intelligence, open architecture model and continuous learning to our work, not to mention agility required to deliver it.
We’re strategists, builders, analysts, producers, designers, creatives, technologists. And we unite around big ideas.
So “engaging always.” is really about innovative change. And that's what we continue do every day, adding new dimensions and diverse talent to our mix across our network of more than 81 countries around the world.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.