Senior Project Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
Senior Project Manager
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management team in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate is someone who can successfully manage multiple integrated projects across one or multiple accounts. This role partners with creative, strategy, account management and other internal teams to help drive best-in-class solutions for our clients.
- Coordinate with creative, strategy, account management and other internal teams to help drive best-in-class solutions for client.
- Professionally manage engagements with account team partners focusing on balancing quality, cost and schedule, while exceeding client expectations.
- Set expectations at the beginning of a project: as any issues arise, find solutions without compromising quality, team morale, or budget.
- Be the conductor of a project/team and a proactive, solution-oriented, and strategic advisor.
- Manage project deliverables across multiple campaigns and help coordinate various functions including creative, strategy, insights, paid media, and analytics.
- Manage account budgets, scopes, and time while providing frequent updates to account leadership and ultimately the client.
- Partner with account leadership and finance to facilitate accurate and realistic forecasts; actively manage any forecast mitigation as needed.
- Partner with account leadership to manage team on-boarding processes, including educating team members on roles and responsibilities, process and templates.
- Serve as contact for client finance and client procurement relative to financial management of the account.
- Demonstrate strong, professional work ethic and financial acumen.
- 4-6 years of professional project management experience, preferably in a public relations, management consulting or advertising agency setting.
- Strong financial management skills, including scoping, burn report tracking, resource allocation across project tasks. Prior experience managing multi-million dollar budgets and scopes.
- Familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, video, social and editorial content, digital, and partner management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
- Experience working closely with the implementation of an integrated media mix of paid, owned and earned programs.
- Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road person who can organize and operate multi-faceted projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with team members across multiple levels, building trust in your abilities to get the job done effectively.
- Have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Be comfortable digging into account finances: developing staffing models, writing SOWs, tracking burn rates, etc.
- Be a demonstrated self-starter and work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.