Account Director, Corporate Communications
Los Angeles, California, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for an Account Director to wear multiple hats and join our team in Los Angeles or San Francisco. The ideal candidate has corporate communications experience across industries including healthcare, tech and professional services.
We Are Seeking:
The Weber Shandwick Los Angeles office is currently seeking an Account Director to support several clients in our growing Corporate Practice. The ideal candidate will have experience in brand and reputation building communications, managing executive visibility, media strategy and team leadership. The candidate will have the opportunity to drive a broad range of corporate reputation campaigns across a variety of clients, while leading a team of practitioners and collaborating with Weber Shandwick’s network to develop strategic and creative client work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Provide strategic counsel to clients where possible, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients •
- Lead the delivery of high-profile accounts across multiple markets
- Brief and inform account teams.
- Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to deliver accurate quotations for all client projects or new business work
- Write well-structured, persuasive content and help train other team colleagues to do the same
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
- 8-10 years public relations experience, corporate PR background desired
- Agency experience (preferred)
- Experience working on Corporate reputation campaigns across industries
- You are both a creative and a strategic thinker, and a natural team leader
- Needs to have a track record in client service to senior level clients
- Strategic media relations knowledge
- BA or BS in Communications or related degree
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.