Account Director, Client Experience
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Account Director, Client Experience
The Weber Shandwick Washington, DC office is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Account Director for its Healthcare Practice. We’re looking for a talented, passionate public health communication specialist who will support our work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention among other healthcare clients. The most qualified candidate will focus on key public health issues and execute campaigns that make important impact in our daily lives.
- Lead development of strategic plans and ongoing campaign recommendations for CDC and other healthcare clients as needed.
- Maintain regular client communication.
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted, integrated campaign, including but not limited to: research, creative concepting and production, writing, digital communications, social and earned media, paid media.
- Help manage government contracts through precise but adaptable project management and keen budgeting.
- Contribute to work plan of junior team members and ensure quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Junior staff development and serve as a role-model to other team members.
- Contribute to ongoing business development, particularly in the public health arena.
- Support campaign analytics and reporting
- Master’s in Public Health preferred, but not required; BA or BS in communications or related degree.
- 7-9 years of healthcare experience, particularly in public health and government contracts.
- Lead client programs and cross-functional, integrated campaigns.
- Client and team management experience
- Professional demeanor
- Proactive self-starter
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Powell Tate is the DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for the age of perpetual disruption, we are nimble. Data-driven. And led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends and digital transformation. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. Learn more at https://www.powelltate.com/.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.