Senior Marketing Analyst – Measurement and Insights
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Senior Marketing Analyst
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
As the core team of global communications powerhouse Weber Shandwick, we are leveraging leading edge data science approaches and development tools to provide unparalleled access to unexplored insights derived from the world’s most important digital, social and e-commerce platforms.
Our clients span five continents, and their consumers are everywhere. The systems and tools we are designing will be one of a kind and unique in their value to meet the global marketplace's current and future needs.
We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mind to help pull and analyze data, and extract deep insights using the approaches, systems and tools we are designing in-house and have licensed from third parties. You will be able to leverage data to uncover insights and tell compelling stories.
The Senior Marketing Analyst will join the team to focus on delivering insightful and impactful analytics core to the marketing and communications objectives of our clients.
The position will directly report to and work with the Toronto office but may support teams across all North American practice areas. This position will be dedicated to several of Weber Shandwick’s largest and most important client relationships.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Global Intelligence teammates to create visually compelling reporting and insights that allow client to easily evaluate communications, media and/or site performance relative to business objectives.
- Team up with data scientists and senior intelligence leads to develop reporting, articulating insights and building narratives that move internal and external audiences to act on our recommendations.
- Leverage a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to analyze data from multiple online sources.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to infuse all aspects of the work with data-driven insights and measurement.
- Fully utilize tools and platforms designed to automate and accelerate data collection, integration and analysis. Examples: Google Analytics, Domo, Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.
- Interrogate multiple sources of information/data to look for trends within social and earned media, using tools such as Brandwatch, Quid, and Trendkite.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and execute media and siteside A/B tests.
- Manage reporting tasks and data flows for media, site and social listening insights and reporting.
- Evangelize the use of data to inform decision-making at all levels internally and externally.
- Derive insights from data to create a compelling narrative that moves internal and external audiences to act on our recommendations.
- Educate non-technical account team members on key requests and analysis process.
- Manage and build relationships with clients and internal client experience teams
- Participate in business development activities
- Strong interest and capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer client business questions.
- Experience with social listening tools such as Quid, Brandwatch, and Trendkite is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools including but not limited to: Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Excel, etc.
- Able to leverage scripting to automate analyses, data cleansing or data integration tasks.
- Experience with relational databases and statistical analysis/programming languages such as SAS, SQL, R or Python is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree with major in business or STEM preferred, Masters is a plus.
- 4-5 years relevant full-time experience; preferably in Marketing Science, Marketing Analytics, Data Science or Performance Marketing fields.
- Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
- Strong communication (written and presentation) skills.
- Commitment to learning and the drive to take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort with working in and contributing to a fast-paced, team environment.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.