Junior Associate, Client Experience, Corporate Issues
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick’s Crisis & Issues Management Practice helps leading organizations both manage breaking negative issues and events affecting reputation and develop the internal culture and infrastructure needed to anticipate, prepare, and navigate them effectively. From election-related conspiracy theories, environmental protests and multinational bankruptcies to executive controversies and sweeping product recalls to high-profile litigation and fake news, we live at the front lines of media, culture, and conversation. Whether it is a program affecting internal stakeholders or an external effort to protect or defend an organization’s reputation, we work hand-in-hand with colleagues from around the country and globe on a daily basis, providing crisis counsel to clients across industries and sectors, making deep curiosity a requisite for this position.
The ideal candidate will possess incredibly strong writing skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. You will be intimately familiar with current events and news trends and comfortable providing analysis. Familiarity with social media and digital communications is a requisite, along with a strong academic record and a demonstrated interest in communications and issues management. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have meticulous attention to detail and able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct research for specific projects and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing the findings of the research
- Draft media materials based on outline or direction from supervisors
Support new business initiatives through the development of pitch materials and background research
- Actively participate in and contribute to discussions surrounding clients’ media strategies
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Monitor for print, online, broadcast and social media and the development of client media reports and ongoing client issues and crises
- Prepare initial drafts of client updates (as needed and requested)
- Proof and edit internal and external documents
- Develop and maintain media contact lists and databases
What We Are Looking For
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
Can meet urgent deadlines consistently
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Strong awareness and understanding of current events
- Comfortable asking for assistance from other team members
- Strong work ethic
- Sharp curiosity and an analytical mind
- BA or BS Degree preferably in Political Science, history, journalism, International Relations or similar fields
- Some professional experience in an agency/strategic consulting firm, political campaign or organization, law or similar setting
Proficient in Microsoft Suite
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.