Assistant Media Planner
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
ASSISTANT MEDIA PLANNER (Associate, Paid Planning & Buying)
Resolute Digital is a data driven marketing and technology firm headquartered in New York. Resolute has deep expertise in website analytics, search engine marketing, performance marketing, mobile and web design. Its’ data-first approach to audience intelligence, customer acquisition and brand engagement has delivered sophisticated digital mobile and paid media solutions for some of the world’s leading companies and brands.
Resolute is part of Weber Shandwick a leading global communications and engagement firm in 77 cities across 31 countries, with a network extending to 129 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
Role and Responsibilities
The Assistant Media Planner/Associate would be responsible for executing day-to-day digital media planning/buying and client service activities associated with assigned accounts.
S/he would collaborate with the digital marketing team in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and manage a deliverable-heavy workflow. Must be interested in analyzing data, thinking creatively, and coming up with innovative media strategies to deliver to clients.
External Relationship Management:
- Assists Specialist and Manager in daily deliverables and workflows
- Supports Specialist and Manager in responding to all client requests and inquiries
- Actively manages email inbox and responds to all emails within a timely manner daily
- Participates in internal meetings and presentations
- Works closely with publishers/vendors to develop productive working relationships that drive results for clients
- Works directly in social interfaces and, when applicable, leverages social support reps to drive results for clients
- Stays up-to-date on digital paid media landscape to learn about relevant offerings, new products, and trends
- Reviews client briefs and assists with media planning process
- Provides input to Request for Proposal (RFP) and develops consideration list of appropriate publishers/vendors
- Reviews submitted RFPs and filters/compiles most compelling proposals
- Selects appropriate social platforms and campaign objectives based on client goals
- Develops target segments to leverage based on client feedback
- Develops presentation materials for internal review and adapts/finalizes based on feedback
- Assists Specialist in campaign setup for tracking, audience building, and billing prior to launch
- Works with Ad Ops team for any tagging/reporting requirements
- Owns campaign reporting activities based on agreed upon cadence
- Draws critical analysis from data and makes specific recommendations to optimize and improve campaign performance
- Assists with campaign execution from start to finish
- Supports the needs of Account Director in ad hoc client requests as needed
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and project management ability
- Experience in managing digital campaigns; strong analytical skills and understanding of KPI's for digital media
- Experience planning and buying social campaigns in Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Advertising, etc.
- Knowledge of digital paid media landscape and the ever-changing ad products available
- Google Analytics Certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-6+ months of relevant experience recommended
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.