Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Senior Designer to join our team in Washington, DC. Whether working on a big project (a multi-channel campaign) or a small task (a social post), we need a nimble senior designer who consistently delivers exciting, cutting-edge, brand-focused designs for various digital and print projects. This position also requires the ability to direct and manage junior team members as well as strong presentation and overall communication skills. Working with some of the most talented copywriters and art directors, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Develop strong print and digital design for a wide range of assignments, including branding, social content, lay-out, storyboarding, mockups, infographics, presentations, print collateral and signage.
- Strong typographic, illustration, and lay-out skills needed in a Mac-based environment.
- Direct and mentor junior team members and collaborate with colleagues across teams.
- Build and maintain rapport with creative team personnel, account managers and project managers.
- Illustration and/or motion graphics abilities a plus.
- 7+ years of design experience in a related agency or department (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like rough sketches).
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software (PowerPoint); any AfterEffects animation skills will be utilized.
- Must be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Bonus skills: illustration, photography, retouching, HTML. NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your design skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (help us understand how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.