Account Director, Client Experience
San Francisco, California, United States
Account Director, Client Experience, Healthcare
We are looking for an Account Director to join our San Francisco office. As a Director, you will be responsible for managing client partnerships and cross functional agency partners, as well as deploy teams in the most efficient and productive way to execute flawlessly and be a supportive coach.
The client relies on us to deliver not only the best PR work possible, but to lead unbranded programs and branded milestones. The successful candidate will have experience with pharmaceutical launches, consumer and digital programs, passion, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always be better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams across offices. S/he will be a hands-on leader that fits with our overall culture. We are a company of doers even at the most senior level.
- Maintain daily client contact, serving as a trusted resource and advisor.
- Manage workstreams with a focus on supporting unbranded disease awareness campaign with grassroots, community-level activations.
- Under senior guidance, support development of strategic plans and recommendations tailored to clients’ unique organizational profiles.
- Draft key messaging and execute on materials proposed in plans, including but not limited to unbranded disease awareness campaigns.
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration (strategy, creative, integrated media specialists, etc.) to deliver on client plans.
- Act as effective, two-way translator between clients and teams, actively counseling development of work in the best interest of all parties.
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and new ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience.
- Have ownership of client financials and profitability.
- Coordinate integration with other agency partners.
- Successfully navigate conflicts across internal stakeholders, clients and agency partners.
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product.
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- At least 6-9 years of relevant healthcare communications agency experience
- Ability to work East Coast hours
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing high-performing teams; mentoring team members
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing
- Experience in cardiovascular disease is a plus
- Experience working on programs with community-level/local activations or in partnership with third-party organizations is a plus
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and endlessly curious
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.