Manager – Consumer PR
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick Manchester is going through an exciting period of growth and development. A record three years have seen the agency secure major new clients and significant global awards including four Cannes Lions and three PRWeek Global campaign awards in 2019. In the North West, we've been named the CIPR’s Outstanding Large Agency.
We’re looking for a talented Manager to join our consumer team. Our communications offer is rapidly evolving as clients turn to us for strategically focused and imaginative communications solutions that build and protect their reputations while influencing and shaping the operating environment around them.
You’ll be joining a well-established team, where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across Weber Shandwick’s UK and international network; while being guided and supported by some of the PR industry’s leading communications professionals.
What will you be doing?
- Building trust and confidence with clients by consistently ensuring that executional work is delivered by the team on time, within budget and to an exceptional standard of quality
- Developing tactical plans for client activities and working with your account teams to ensure collaborate with other areas of our business to ensure your clients are getting the best expertise and experience Weber Shandwick has to offer
- Writing a range of copy, including press releases and feature articles, as well as posts for clients’ digital and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Managing the media every day, proactively identifying and driving coverage opportunities which support clients’ business and communications objectives
- Participating in the creative development of integrated campaigns for new and existing clients, and supporting the team in researching and preparing new business opportunities
Who are you?
- Ambitious, with a passion for public relations and the vision to progress your career to a senior level with Weber Shandwick
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in public relations and communications
- Proven media skills and relationships with national and consumer journalists
- A lateral thinker – able to join the dots between various projects, and solve problems!
- Fluency in digital/social media platforms, with an appetite to learn more
This will be a fully remote start, however, as our offices re-open we will permanently adopt a hybrid work schedule. This will mean, for most of our teams, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote each week!
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Diversity & Inclusion
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.