Vice President, Client Experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Vice President, Client Experience
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a strong Creative Director to join our Healthcare Practice in Chicago. This position is responsible for driving the success of the client relationship, including meeting client objectives within given budgets, and translating all these factors into strategic briefs and corresponding planning documents to ensure client satisfaction.
The Vice President will have proven leadership and client service skills, and experience managing integrated communications campaigns. The candidate will be the day-to-day contact for clients, manage communications across a cross-functional agency team as well as client team, and support flawless execution in the most efficient and productive way. They will display personal ownership and accountability for client engagement, with the ability to cultivate and nurture long-term partnerships and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will have experience with consumer programs, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always do better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams. They will be a hands-on team member who values people and culture. We are a company of doers even at the most senior level.
- Drive development of solution-based program strategies and direct development of tactical plans involving an FDA approval as well as a branded disease awareness and celebrity/influencer campaign.
- Develop strategic plans and recommendations tailored to clients’ unique organizational profiles.
- Draft key messaging and execute on materials proposed in plans, including but not limited to branded disease awareness campaigns and an FDA approval.
- Maintain daily client contact, serving as a trusted resource and advisor.
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration (strategy, creative, integrated media specialists, etc.) to deliver on client plans.
- Act as effective, two-way translator between clients and teams, actively counseling development of work in the best interest of all parties.
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and new ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience.
- Have ownership of client financials and profitability.
- Coordinate integration with other agency partners.
- Successfully navigate conflicts across internal stakeholders, clients and agency partners.
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new
- At least 9-12 years of relevant healthcare communications experience, ideally both agency and in-house.
- Significant experience providing thought leadership and counsel to senior management.
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects.
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams; mentoring team members.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker.
- Financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing.
- Experience in cardiovascular disease is a plus.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.