Vice President, Integrated Project Management
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vice President, Integrated Project Management
The ideal candidate is an established leader who has a proven record operationalizing client/brand complexity, driving excellence through the implementing of Project Management best practices.
This role is client facing, owning scope and finance management with agency and client leadership. One of the most important aspects of this position is the ability to navigate deliverable-based scopes of work and employ the right mix of flexibility and rigor within the change management process.
This person is cool, calm and collected with a proactive, solution-oriented, strategic voice on this large, integrated program. The ideal candidate has the ability to confidently engage in tough conversations with internal team members, partners and clients, communicating a clear and concise POV that establishes Weber Shandwick as a trusted, strategic partner.
You are responsible for the optimization of team staff structure, ensuring the right skill sets are applied to the work to serve the business requirements, deliverable quality, and partners with the account leads to manage the financial health of the account.
- Primary voice with clients, representing agency relative to financial management of the account (SOW development; monitoring and tracking deliverables and budgets; change management and reporting). Partners closely with agency account and finance leads
- Connects the dots between procurement, brand and marketing clients, in alignment with agency priorities and scope
- Accountable for all statement of work documentation; including detailed estimation to ensure scopes accurately reflect required effort
- Owns change management process and can communicate project health to clients
- Supports cross-functional teams on roles and responsibilities, process and templates
- Supports client new-business opportunities
- Provides a breadth of process and business skills as well as hands-on experience
- Able to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate effectively
- Mentors and manages up to 2 project managers
- Owns staffing org chart. Empowered to direct team workload and manage prioritization
- Responsible for utilization metrics, leveraging real-time data vs forecast to project potential risks
- Partners with discipline leads to identify and manage resource needs
- Partners with agency account lead to manage team on-boarding processes
- 8-10 years of professional project management experience in an agency setting, preferably in corporate communications, content Experience in public relations, management consulting is a plus but not required
- Strong skills in scoping, pricing, financial management and timeline development for large, complex programs
- Ideal candidate should have familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, video, social and editorial content, digital, event-based programs, and vendor management.
- Ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in collaboration tools such as Microsoft Products and Smartsheets
ABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020. Weber Shandwick was also honoured as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.