Senior Associate, Media & Influencer Relations
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
SENIOR ASSOCIATE — MEDIA & INFLUENCER RELATIONS
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
We’re looking for a team player to help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated earned, owned and paid media strategies. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media and influencers, and constantly immersing yourself in social media, culture and technology trends to drive impact for brands.
With 2-3 years of experience, you’ll help us create campaigns that drive earned media coverage and activate influencer and social programs that generate meaningful and measurable results.
If you’ve got a passion for PR, here’s an opportunity to grow your career at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency. Weber Shandwick Canada is PRovoke Media’s Canadian Agency of the Year, IABC Canadian Large Agency of the Year (five years running), and boasts the most exciting client list of any agency in the country.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Help develop and execute innovative and award-winning integrated PR campaigns for major Canadian and global brands
- Work with the Integrated Media team and client leads to support the development and execution of social media and influencer strategies and proposals
- Identify and build relationships with media, influencers and content creators to bring our clients’ stories to life through trusted and relatable voices
- Identify new outlets and platforms, and creative ways to propel earned-first storytelling for our clients
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect our clients, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage and social conversations
- Monitor issues and help develop strategic messaging for clients’ issues and reputational risks
- Develop and track meaningful KPIs to measure success of campaigns and return on investment for our clients
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience, ideally in an agency, communications or marketing environment
- Digitally savvy, with a good understanding of the overall media and social media landscape
- Proven ability to garner coverage and conversation on behalf of brands, organizations, companies or other institutions
- Familiarity with media and/or influencer databases, journalist-led tools and resources
- A working style that is self-motivated, well-organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests and deliverables
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- A degree in communications or a related discipline
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020. Weber Shandwick was also honoured as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.