Senior Manager, Digital
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Senior Manager, Digital to join our team in Washington, DC. Powell Tate is the DC-based public affairs unit of the global Weber Shandwick network.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Digital who is passionate about all things digital and ready to bring that energy to our high-performance, collaborative team. As a Senior Manager, you will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work. This is a client-facing role, with additional responsibilities supporting new business projects.
The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. Successful candidates typically have a solid digital marketing or integrated communications background and with a mix of experience across B2B, B2C, Government and Public Affairs campaigns. You must have exceptional project management skills and the desire to be involved in all aspects of the work we do, from helping to build digital strategy to executing flawlessly. On any given day, you could be working on social content strategy, liaising with the client on a paid campaign, and helping to launch a podcast.
TL:DR – you are accustomed to wearing many hats and are eager to gain more experience working across the digital spectrum.
- Assist in the development and implementation of integrated paid, owned and earned programs
- Implement digital engagement campaigns for top-tier government and corporate clients
- Serve as a platform strategist lead for multiple clients and internal functions
- Oversee client’s social media channels including editorial planning, content development, paid media, monitoring/analytics and ongoing social strategy
- Inform the development of creative and editorial assets to resonate with priority audiences and ensure channels are being used in high-value ways
- Serve as a key client contact in the management of digital campaigns, providing both reliable project management and strategic counsel as needed
- Support new business development efforts
- 6-8 years in digital communications and marketing positions
- Experience working closely with several types of teams including creative, strategy, media planning and PR
- Deep expertise in social media/digital platforms, including content formats, ad targeting and analytics capabilities
- A keen passion for tracking digital trends and leveraging them to solve client challenges
- Experience with executive visibility programs, particularly in a digital and social context
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
- Familiarity with a wide range of social media platforms and community management and analytics tools including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, social platforms’ native analytics offerings, Google Analytics, Talkwalker, HootSuite, Quid, etc.
- Excellent written skills, able to write long and short form digital/social content
- A clear communicator and persuasive presenter
- Ability to think strategically about the development of integrated digital programs
- Demonstrated success translating client needs into workable plans/projects
- Demonstrated success managing teams and executing programs
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious.
Powell Tate is the DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for the age of perpetual disruption, we are nimble. Data-driven. And led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends and digital transformation. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. Learn more at https://www.powelltate.com/.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Powell Tate is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Powell Tate recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.