Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Copywriter – Washington, District of Columbia, United States
At Weber Shandwick, we believe that being open, aspirational, and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver impactful, award-winning work in a rapidly changing environment. Our journey to date might surprise you. Weber Shandwick long has been known as one of the most highly regarded PR agencies in the world. But now, we also lead social, digital, and traditional advertising assignments for some of the world's most enduring companies and social causes. Along the way, we’ve been featured four out of the last five years on Ad Age’s “Agency A-List” and awarded numerous Cannes Lions. But we're still just getting started. We’re creatives, makers, producers, designers, strategists, and technologists who love to unite around ideas with the ability to transcend culture.
We Are Seeking:
We’re looking for a Copywriter to help craft strategically focused and surprising creative concepts; create traditional, digital & social content, and help develop a brand voice for our clients. We're looking for an individual who can elevate our thinking to new heights and convey our clients’ messages in relevant, engaging, and fresh ways.
What You Will Be Doing:
You’ll do work that’s rooted in social media, but also includes digital video production; TV commercial ideation; and conceiving of unexpected activation ideas that drive conversation and engagement. Moreover, you’ll be a mentor to junior creatives, and a true collaborator – someone who can work well, without ego, alongside project management/production teams to help keep the trains running on time and budget.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Writing short and long-form copy with an emphasis on digital/social, but also includes 360° brand platforms, video, experiential, and more.
- Adhering to multiple brand voices, often in the same day, to ensure consistency.
- Reporting to a Creative Director as part of a larger creative team, which includes working with designers and visual artists.
- You love to write. No matter what the topic, you’re able to put it into words that make it real. You’re a conceptual ninja.
- You bring fresh thinking, elevated creativity, and great ideas to every assignment.
- 2-5 years of copywriting experience in an agency or related field (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Experience with social media platforms, a good understanding of platform best practices, and a strong interest in brand building.
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques and trends in marketing, technology, and social media
Bonus Skills: blogging, journalism, filmmaking, videography, editorial, photography
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.