Vice President, Enterprise Technology
New York, New York, United States
VICE PRESIDENT, ENTERPRISE/B2B TECHNOLOGY
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President to join our Technology team – location is flexible.
Do you have substantial experience working with enterprise technology clients, particularly in the cloud tech space? Do you pride yourself in being a great team and client lead? Weber Shandwick is seeking a Vice President to support a large enterprise technology client. We’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what we offer our clients, and we’re looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join our effort.
From creative ideation to execution, this Vice President plays a key role leading a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs.
You will be responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our Technology team. You will be responsible for significant aspects of a client relationship and account team and will supervise one big piece of an account with multiple work streams and team members.
Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities coordinating with client's goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members and allocating agency resources to match client budgets. You will also be engaged with business development, strategic program planning, and the development of creative concepts. Ideally, you will have agency or consulting experience in the Corporate/Consumer Communications and Tech space.
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is a must.
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Management: Lead a team, serve as a client lead, develop creative and thoughtful plans, meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task.
- Interpersonal: Play nice, whether it’s on a team, with a team or independently. Respect and kindness still go a long way.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
What We Are Looking For
- Can turn ideas into workable plans
- Knowledge and experience working on Cloud, AI or Security within enterprise tech
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can solve conflict
- Can mobilize and motivate teams
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial analysis
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in agency, PR/Communications space
- Understanding of current cloud tech landscape is a must
- Collaborative work style
- Ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing
- A high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- A strong leader and work ethic
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.