Sr. Data Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Senior Data Analyst
We Are Seeking:
A hands-on senior data analyst at the Global Intelligence team, to deliver on a series of domestic and international projects core to the marketing and communications objectives of our clients.
The position will directly report to the EVP of Applied Data Science, and will support teams across all North American practice areas and lead Weber Shandwick’s most complex International analytics work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Bridge the gap between business SMEs, business analysts, and data scientists to design overall solutions to solve business problems (may be done in conjunction with a Business Analyst)
- Build data pipelines and deploy data integration solutions for new data sources
- Significant analysis of large volumes of text-based data from social listening platforms
- Develop scripts to enable Natural Language Processing (NLP) solutions to support analysis
- Build, Train and test machine learning models for descriptive and predictive analyses
- Use client’s, or our own, standard data analysis and data integration tools and technologies to operationalize the solution
- Ability to deploy solutions to “the cloud” and schedule/automate ETL jobs for continued processing
- Mentor and train the junior members by conducting code reviews and lead the study sessions
What We Are Looking For:
- As a key player in our organization, you will focus on contributing to complex multi-continental engagements and liaise with global executives at top performing organizations. The work we do is unique and requires a synthesis of many diverse data points, methodologies and perspectives to create differentiated analyses for our clients. We operate with a very lean structure built on mutual accountability.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and project management skills – this role will require navigating ambiguous tasks, working with a wide range of stakeholders, designing and carrying out feasibility tests.
- Advanced degree with major in STEM or other quantitative field
- Ability to manipulate and leverage large scale data with scripting language such as python
- Ability to build ETL data pipelines for API integrations
- Strong capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- Experience building cloud based solutions
- 3 years of full-time experience in data science or analytics related field; at least 1-2 years of experience managing multiple projects
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.