Vice President, Employee Engagement
New York, New York, United States
About United Minds
United Minds is Weber Shandwick’s in-house management consultancy that helps clients transform their organizations, with a particular focus on the people side of change. We support change management; leader, manager and organizational enablement; employer brand development; diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and communications; and employee communications and engagement.
Leveraging a deep bench of specialists, we work with leading global brands to deliver positive, lasting change with data-fueled strategy and counsel, engaging stakeholders in every part of the process. By tapping into the breadth of Weber Shandwick’s creative, communications and engagement expertise, United Minds has the unique ability to provide end-to-end solutions, from strategy to execution.
We think and work globally and we are in the process of growing our network in Latin America, Asia and EMEA. We are a diverse team of management consultants, strategists and employee communications and engagement experts committed to solving a wide range of complex challenges that our clients ask us to collaborate with them on.
We are seeking a Vice President to join our New York office to lead client projects, contribute to thought leadership, and participate in new business.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage and contribute to employee communications and engagement projects for large brands, requiring knowledge of change management process and principles with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Act as a member of a cross functional team, working with other Weber Shandwick practices, to drive holistic solutions for our clients that will have tangible results on their bottom line
- Develop and implement employee communications & change management programs for clients, and/or employee experience projects (such as EVPs) consistently producing high quality content.
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Build relationships with clients and colleague at all levels
- Owns client communications with supervision from manager; can reliably represent agency to external stakeholders
- Supports responses to new business opportunities as needed including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Integrates junior staff into workflow scenarios; possesses the ability to delegate tasks while still remaining accountable for outcomes
- Supervise junior staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and project management skills
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or related field is a plus
- Change management certification is highly preferable
- Ability to professionally interface with clients
- Exhibits a willingness to continually learn and adapt
- Able to drive results even in ambiguous situations, able to quickly take ownership of process or deliverables
- Demonstrates potential to lead engagements
- Shows exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Exhibits a strong commitment to agency and personal growth
- Consistently meets (often tight) deadlines
- Emphasizes attention to detail and quality, while working with a sense of urgency
- At least 8-10 years’ experience driving internal communications strategies and change management initiatives for large complex organizations – either from the perspective of an agency or a consulting firm, or within a dynamic in-house communications firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, public relations, English or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
United Minds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. United Minds recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.