Manager, Tech Media Relations
San Francisco, California, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Manager, Media Relations to join our growing Tech practice in the West Coast! Be part of a collaborative, fun team that loves cutting-edge, innovative tech — served along with a side of geek — that’s changing the global business landscape. Are you a media whisperer? Come join us!
- Translate communications strategy into relevant, timely and engaging story narratives, ultimately securing media opportunities for clients
- Creatively develop key messages, pitches, alerts, press releases, PR plans, social content, and more to positively position clients and educate media on the client’s point of view
- Keep a pulse on the news cycle and trends to ensure we’re inserting clients’ narratives in targeted, culturally relevant and insightful ways
- Proactively identify media themes that could impact a client’s reputation
- Represent the agency and clients with journalists to illicit positive, productive and purposeful coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of client business objectives and proactively suggest ideas and programs to meet those objectives
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- 5-7 years’ experience in PR (agency or corporate in-house)
- B2B technology experience
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Trusted, personal relationships with influential media and journalists
- Understanding of the evolving media landscape, new opportunities and platforms
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills that are clear, concise and direct
- Work well across various teams and talent communities
- Ability to multi-task with keen attention to detail
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and inclusive
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.