Dallas, Texas, United States
Manager – Integrated Media/Influencer Relations
The Integrated Media practice at Weber Shandwick Dallas has an exciting opportunity for a manager to join our Influencer Relationship Management (IRM) team. We’re looking for a collaboration-minded person with skills in social media influencer relations, content creation and strategic planning in the influencer, paid and earned media space. If you understand which brands should work with Dude Perfect, and which brands should absolutely not, you’re on the right track. We may even look to you to tell us which trends on TikTok are important, which influencers we need to be watching on Instagram, and what the kids are doing over on YouTube and Twitch. Additionally, this person will assist in event planning (virtual or otherwise) and management and in managing and nourishing client relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing and executing social media influencer recommendations and programming
- Serving as the day-to-day client contact during program execution
- Providing input on influencer marketing campaigns and tactics
- Persuasively pitching influencers and maintaining a strong network of one-on-one influencer relationships
- Developing and managing timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Breaking down and managing detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events and new product launches
- Proactively monitoring social media and the influencer space for unique brand opportunities while also developing a sense of competitor set and cultural conversations
- Coordinating with earned media teams to develop newsworthy campaigns
- Working with our social platform and paid media teams to ensure platform and paid strategic thinking is implemented
- Collaborating with analytics team to measure results and develop campaign recaps
- Managing and coaching junior team members, including interns
- Anticipating executional issues specific to assigned programs and proactively offering solutions to senior team leadership
- Interacting with senior management, including the SVP of Influence, and providing a strong POV/inputting into tactics and strategies
- Partnering with client experience leads and project managers to help manage program and project budgets
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in communications/marketing or related field
- Extensive knowledge of current influencer trends, including how modern social platforms and the paid space operate
- Strong influencer relations skills and relationships
- Previous experience with consumer packaged goods (CPG) clients and/or new product launches
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Independent, motivated and driven to meet key deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) or more years of work experience
Is this you?
Be a driver of culture: Must have true passion and understanding of pop culture and are part of the community (be it music, gaming, fashion, food, internet culture, etc) This job is the intersection of creative, strategy, marketing, technology, content creation and production; your energy must be driven by your lifestyle. You must influence creative ideations: from the ideas presented, to the influencers selected, to the content created, all the way down to the language used in post copy.
Have high cultural competencies: Understand the role and importance of diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) You must be culturally vigilant with the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures.
Have “Gravitas” in the influencer space and skin-in-the-game: Deep understanding of the influencer landscape is required. Proven ability to build, speak and grow relationships with change agents and cultural makers (celebrities, influencers, artists, thought leaders) directly or via their agents. You must be open to a public-facing role; willingness to speak publicly about influencer trends when opportunities present itself to the WS Influencer Team.
Know how to identify and manage diverse vendors and partners: in an industry where technologies (saas platforms, AI, managed services, etc) are popping on the daily, at high volume, no less, you must have experience working with RFPs and meeting with leading tech companies to understand their services and identify their uniqueness (and keep up with their ongoing changes in our WS influencer database)
Be ready to lead at any moment: working with your Senior Vice President, you will learn to “step up to the plate” and lead effectively in the client’s and agency’s best interests while also helping to cultivate, mentor and coach mid to junior staff members on the influencer team.
Hustle: identify influencer opportunities (organic or new) to ensure influencer marketing continues to be a strong marketing discipline and revenue driver on your assigned account or at Weber Shandwick.
Think like a lawyer: risk management is big to us. you understand how important it is to be in compliance with best practices (FTC updates, platform requirements), continuously build our COE by partnering with DXTRA legal and finance to ensure risk and liabilities are reduced and tamed for every campaign you touch.
Have experience building engaged audiences: on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Clubhouse and other distribution platforms.
Know how to build a story: you will build client presentations that tell smart, compelling stories, never “rinse and repeat” which requires you to be highly motivated, energetically-charged and inspired at all times.
Be curious, always: You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. We were named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019 and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. We were also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, our agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.