Account Supervisor, Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Powell Tate – the specialty public affairs and corporate issues unit of Weber Shandwick, a leading global communications and engagement agency – is currently seeking a Manager to join its Public Affairs team in Washington, D.C., with particular emphasis on issues management and integrated media.
Candidates must have strong public affairs and issues management experience in the Washington, D.C. market and/or state government, as well as experience developing and managing integrated media strategy across a diverse array of issues. The ideal candidate has political campaign, legislative, and/or public affairs agency experience.
Candidates must be driven, poised and team-oriented, with experience managing communications around complex issues. S/he will have a thorough understanding of the U.S. political landscape at the federal and state levels, as well as the intersection of earned, paid and owned media. S/he will be fluent in digital strategy and social media. A demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences is required.
- Design and lead integrated public affairs and issues management campaigns on behalf of corporate and trade association clients, with an emphasis on highly-regulated industries
- Serve as a day-to-day contact for clients and provide ongoing counsel and strategic insights
- Lead account teams on a day-to-day basis and be responsible for direct reports
- Assess and report news coverage, understand the media landscape and identify potential risks to reputation
- Proactively handle client problems and issues quickly and adeptly
- Develop and maintain deep fluency and expertise in relevant external trends impacting the business and its peers
- Cultivate relationships with reporters, influencers and other media stakeholders
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Possess and foster excellent presentation, writing and technical assistance skills
- Strong organization, problem-solving and interpersonal skills, along with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects thoroughly and on time
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience using digital communications and social media platforms for clients
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.