Manchester, England, United Kingdom
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick creates world-class, award-winning work. Our reputation for delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumers and brands means we're working with an enviable client list across a diverse range of sectors including; entertainment, consumer health, food & drink and beauty.
But we won't stop there! The team is growing and we're looking to bring in an Associate (Account Executive-equivalent) or Junior Associate (Junior Account Executive) with strong media relations experience to bring the heat. As a leading global PR firm and PR Week’s #1 Consumer PR agency in 2021, we can offer you real opportunities for development and somewhere to cultivate your passion.
What will you be doing?
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives
- Meet with key media contacts to form relationships, build your little black book and feed back key information to the wider team
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns, as well as bigger integrated campaigns
- Drafting various pieces of content including: press releases and media alerts, media pitches and assisting the team to ensure copy is prepared, approved and submitted in line with deadlines and much more!
Who are you?
Ideally you have good foundations in the world of PR and are passionate about furthering your career with us. You are a positive energy within any team; full of hunger and ready to grow your experience at a world-class agency.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working on PR campaigns with consumer brands
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business
- A real pride in their work, with meticulous attention to detail
- Curious about the PR industry and the wider world and keen to bring that passion to bear on exciting consumer brands
- Strong ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
PERKS OF THE JOB
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Flexible working and remote working opportunities every week
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to the Headspace meditation app
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties (re-imagined under COVID19)
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.