Executive Vice President, Strategic Planning
Detroit, Michigan, United States
EXECTUIVE VICE PRESIDENT, STRATEGIC PLANNING
Consumers discover brands — create an affinity for them and engage with them — differently today.
As the earned and digital media landscapes continue to transform it is critical for our client, a global automaker, to evolve from communicating digitally to communicating in a digital world. Today employees, media and consumers communicate, learn, share and discover brands and products differently. We need to continue to lead our clients into modern methodologies of storytelling where capturing share of mind and deploying platform fluency, new content models, strategic use of content creators, influencers, substack writers, amplification strategies and community identification. In this new world, engagement is as important as share of voice.
While the auto industry pivots to an all-electric future, we are storytelling in two worlds – traditional vehicles and EVs. Our client is evolving from being known as an auto manufacturer to a mobility tech leader, and we must help them operate and activate like tech companies do. As their agency, we need to bring them the perspectives, insights, ideas and executions beyond what they traditionally know and do.
In this rapidly changing universe, we’re looking for a senior integrated media strategist with deep digital expertise who can lead our team to meet this new world and the ever-changing challenges and opportunities that come with it. This is a leader who can build team(s) which deeply integrate across multiple disciplines, establish and nurture strong relationships with our clients and partner agencies, and become a trusted advisor and leader overseeing multiple pieces of the business. Our automaker communications and marketing functions are themselves in the throes of change and modernization; we’re looking for a leader who can help lead and drive those changes across multiple pieces of business, staffs and specialists.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated:
- Significant leadership capability, inspiring and guiding the evolution of a high-performing team’s capabilities
- Significant auto-related (OEM) or comparable global experience; ability to translate business objectives to channel activation strategies, emphasizing the reach and user behavior on social and emerging platforms
- Digital media expertise and leadership with significant experience working across brands and multi-agency leadership teams
- Expertise social/digital thought leadership and its application of client assignments
- Ability to galvanize and direct multi-discipline teams: strategists, analytics, paid media, creative, project management, earned media and others as required
- Oversight and development of consumer and cultural insights and user behavior, and incorporation of those insights into the design of marketing and communications programs.
- Deep expertise and thought leadership on platform user behaviors, content formats, targeting and measurement capability
- Ability to advise global offices on digital and social capabilities necessary to support client-related initiatives
- Exceptional communications skills; writing and delivering succinct, compelling POVs, briefs, and presentations
- Working with the client and account management to drive meaningful impact on business results
- Development of comprehensive channel strategies and POVs with emphasis on leveraging established and emerging earned, social, and digital platforms
- Development of audience and cohort research and insights
- Leadership of strategy specialists spanning various disciplines including creative, brand, and platform expertise
- Translation of audience, industry, and cultural insights to inform creative and media briefs
- Oversight and management of content & amplification strategy
- Development of Social/Digital style guides and playbook, working with a team of channel planners, creatives, paid media experts, analytics, etc.
- Development of cross-functional team workflow design for social/digital programs
- Collaboration with analytics teams to identify ways to measure success against campaign goals and achievable outcomes; determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to clients as well as internal stakeholders
- New business presentations and client recommendations
- 10+ year of experience in integrated media strategy, preferably both agency and client experience
- At least 4 years managing teams
- A collaborative spirit, able to guide and develop high-performing teams
- Proven experience working with senior leaders at the CMO level and beyond
- Persuasiveness and confidence, able to inspire internal teams and clients to execute daring ideas
- Insatiable curiosity, spending time looking for trends, insights, tools and ideas that can help drive a client’s business forward
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.