Manager, Client Experience
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Manager, Client Experience to join our team in New York to work on a mix of brands in corporate PR.
We are looking for a star Manager, Client Experience to work across a variety of accounts and work streams. The ideal candidate has experience with and a passion for working with a wide range of clients and corporate communications, with the ability to anticipate client and team needs, develop strategy, create messaging, and leverage strong media contacts.
- Serve as a primary day-to-day client contact, provide tactical counsel, manage workflow, lead projects, and anticipate needs of the client and team
- Lead client communications with supervision from manager and reliably represent agency to both internal and external stakeholders
- Support the execution of an employee engagement and change management plan in line with best practices and engagement goals
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media relations materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Track status of account activities and take a lead role in proactively sharing updates with clients
- Assist in account budgeting recommendations and ongoing tracking
- Serve as a role model to team members and delegate tasks as appropriate while still remaining accountable for outcomes
- BA or BS in communications or related field
- 4-6 years of related communications experience
- Ability to think critically about account work, ask questions as needed and effectively solve problems
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and partners
- Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road type that can organize projects and operate multi-faceted programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Demonstrates potential to lead multiple accounts and interact with senior level clients
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; applicant must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and interdependently across a diverse organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, online services, and AP style writing is essential
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.