Manager, Client Experience, Corporate Issues
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We are looking for a mid-level practitioner to join our burgeoning Corporate practice. The ideal candidate will focus primarily on proactive and reactive corporate reputation communications and will be able to contribute support in engaging national/business media, executive visibility activities and corporate digital communications efforts.
They will also will play a leading role in day-to-day account activity and will have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of proactive and reactive financially-focused, issues-oriented reputation management projects. They will be responsible for leading strategy, drafting materials and executing programs, campaigns and plans with support from both senior and junior team members. They will also manage multiple accounts and time-sensitive deliverables on a daily basis and should have no problem meeting deadlines and regularly exceeding client expectations.
We are seeking a professional with strong writing skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. You should be intimately familiar with current financial and economic events and news trends and comfortable providing analysis to clients and our internal team. Finally, you should be curious, resourceful and entrepreneurial. The nature of the work we do requires meticulous attention to detail and an ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities, inside and outside traditional work hours.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support a range of corporate reputation communications and special situations, including financial communications, crisis/issues management, as well as earnings support and other investor relations activities
- Serving as the day-to-day client contact, creating or helping to create, drive and execute a range of communications plans, as well as media and other corporate stakeholder engagements
- Execute frequent media outreach around financial events, including backgrounding reporters, error correcting and facilitating client media interviews, as appropriate
- Provide regular counsel to clients
- Work with client partners as appropriate, such as legal counsel, buy-side, vendors, etc.
- Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met within set budget parameters
- Train and motivate more-junior team members and help create opportunities for their growth
- Participate in new business development for the group and collaborate among practice areas at the agency in support of new business pitches
- BA or BS, preferably in public relations, political science, history, journalism, international relations or similar fields
- 4-7 years of relevant corporate communications, investor relations and/or special situations experience at a prior agency and/or company
- Proficient understanding of capital markets and issues affecting the financial and reputational well-being of companies
- Skilled media relations strategist and practitioner with “tier one” and business media relations experience
- Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Exercises exceptional judgment when working with clients, team members and vendors
- Communicates clearly, analytically and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Pays close attention to detail and quality
- Adept at solving problems and resolving conflicts
- Capable of mobilizing and motivating account teams, anticipating needs and instilling confidence
- Familiarity latest digital trends in social media strategy, tools and analytics
- Experienced and interested in supporting new business/cross-selling efforts
- Media and crisis training experience are a plus
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.