Executive Vice President – Communications and Marketing (EMEA)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick are excited to be expanding the Marketing team and recruiting the NEW role of EVP, EMEA Communications and Marketing to build on the great work the existing marketing and business develop teams have accomplished. We are ideally looking for an experienced communications and marketing professional looking for an opportunity to differentiate and position a world-class integrated communications network as a leader in the PR and marketing services industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible aligning with the agency’s global and regional business and brand priorities and communicating a clear, differentiated story, driving awareness, protecting the reputation and contributing to new business conversion for agency’s operations in the UK and EMEA.
You will have the opportunity to partner the new EMEA CEO, regional leadership and the support of global as this role reports directly into the CMO. In addition you will lead the regional marketing team with additional support from our global marketing and communications team, global brand teams.
- Develop and drive the marketing and communications strategy for the UK and for the EMEA region, in partnership with global and regional leaders and aligned with global business and brand priorities. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Responsible for all communications activities, including media relations, branding, thought leadership, crisis/issues management, employee engagement, executive communications, client communications, publications, events/sponsorships and digital communications/social media.
- Member of EMEA leadership team, responsible for providing advice and counsel on all matters related to reputation and brand management
- Define and drive a proactive, integrated communications strategy that promotes Weber Shandwick’s people, capabilities and creative work in an integrated, consistent and compelling manner.
- Lead and manage communications for key Weber Shandwick EMEA executives.
- Oversee crisis communications planning and execution, in partnership with global and regional leadership, with a focus on reputation management.
- In collaboration with HR & TA, develop employee branding communications and culture development strategies that inform, engage and motivate employees.
- Oversee the agency’s external relations strategy, in partnership with global leadership, including building and sustaining Weber Shandwick’s reputation by engaging, cultivating and managing relationships with UK and regional trade and business media.
- Proactively uncover and pitch compelling stories that align with the firm’s key priorities, including promoting the firm’s work, growth, expertise and thought leadership
- Keep a beat on industry news and issues that directly and indirectly affect the agency; analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Develop and distribute press materials to support agency appointments, new business wins and other key announcements
- Oversee media interviews with UK and regional leadership
- Create, deliver and drive the marketing and communications strategy and message development for major agency initiatives, campaigns and announcements.
- Oversee industry awards program, including awards submissions, presentations, promotion and award night logistics
- Manage Weber Shandwick’s presence at top industry events, international award shows and creative forums
- Brand champion for corporate advertising and branding. Development of corporate promotion materials including advertising, credentials/marketing presentations, brochures, videos, etc.
- Work with EMEA marketing team to support practice leaders in identifying, driving and securing thought leadership opportunities, including speaking engagements, media, proprietary research and events
Digital and Social:
- Oversee and drive content for digital and social channels across EMEA
- Mentor, develop and inspire talent the business development and marketing functions across EMEA
- Partner with regional and UK new business team. Participate in planning of new business outreach and presentations as needed as well as development of new business materials and files to ensure quality, currency and completeness
- Develop and execute internal communications strategy to highlight success stories, promote collaboration and drive innovation across the EMEA region
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.