Group Creative Director
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR
We’re looking for an innovative Group Creative Director with agency or other creative environment background who will manage several large-scale accounts. We’re seeking someone who is a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a manager of creative teams who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and ground-breaking ways. You’ll have the chance to join a team that creates award-winning work for national and global brands across social, traditional, and earned media including clients.
You value mentoring and managing teams of senior and junior creatives through example, with a keen eye for organization and detail. You know how to motivate a team, tap into their passion and drive innovation with a sense of integrity, honesty and humility. A true leader who isn’t afraid of getting your hands dirty and creating work alongside your team.
You will work closely with the SVP, Strategy and Creative as well as partners across the firm to help propel the work forward and help win new business.
- Oversee multiple accounts, art directors, copywriters and videographers to find solutions for clients
- Partner with strategists and account teams to develop creative solutions and campaigns that strengthen clients' market positions
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation for new business efforts
- Collaborate with teams across the region and the agency to maximize creative resources
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Cultivate an inclusive culture within the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability while promoting continual creative integrity and growth
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices
- Inspire, teach and mentor members of the creative team members in further developing ideas to consistently make high-quality, award-winning work
- With the SVP, Strategy and Creative, steer collaborative efforts of the creative team
- Continually grow practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and evoke new ways of thinking
- Values teamwork, inclusivity, honesty, trust and team accountability
- A strong portfolio of work
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple clients and the creative development process in a client-services environment
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Deep-seated ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Successful experience mentoring teams and inspiring them to work collaboratively
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work
- The ability to concept across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices
- Video production experience – whether for online video, TV, etc. – and the ability to storyboard and art direct concise scripts accordingly
- An authentic attitude geared towards positive, solutions-focused action that always comes from a place of respect and inclusion
- Stay up to date with cultural and industry (ours and our clients’) trends
- A willingness to push creative boundaries
ABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020. Weber Shandwick was also honoured as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.ca.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.