Healthcare Strategic Planner
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick Health, London is recruiting a Strategic Planner to drive the development of insight-based creative ideas and impactful campaigns to support our healthcare clients’ communications and business objectives.
Supported by the head of planning, this role will be responsible for delivering on business driving communications strategies. Based in the planning and insight function of Weber Shandwick Health, London the ideal candidate will be an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in a category, loves to understand what drives HCPs and patients to act, and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward.
In this role, you will be involved in all elements of brand strategy, including shaping market research needs, analysing data and market trends, extracting unique insights and perspectives, developing strategic plans and creative briefs to solve brand challenges.
This role will support our largest pharma client in the network, organic growth opportunities and new business pitches.
- Critical thinking/problem solver with a track record in how to use research tools to uncover powerful insights that inspire great strategy and creative
- Not satisfied with status quo – goes beyond the obvious to develop fresh insights
- Quickly dives in and understands brand, business, and category – demonstrable understanding of key audiences (e.g. patients/PAGs, HCPs, policymakers, etc.) – what motivates, drives, inspires, influences
- Understands client’s business needs and how to deliver on their objectives and KPIs – ability to negotiate and define business objectives, and translate them into marketing and comms objectives
- You stay on top of current market trends, marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop an immersive understanding of market dynamics, customer mind-set, competitive actions, brand metrics, and industry trends for key clients/projects
- Develop and execute research plans needed to get to insights –drafting interview questionnaires and surveys, deep-diving into market reports, conducting focus groups/interviews Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Assess competitive strategies & uncover white space opportunities
- Uncover and interpret relevant cultural and social trends
- Derive and articulate insights that will drive behaviour change
- Work with analytics team and agency tools to analyse social data
- Synthesize research understanding into actionable opportunities
- Develops strategic hypothesis and assist in writing insight-driven communication plans
- Write creative briefs and work with creatives to ensure ideas are on strategy, and work with Brand leaders/client leads to ensure ideas are on-brand
- Prepare client presentations/decks/new business proposals that summarize insights outline the overarching strategy and set-up the creative
- Present research findings and campaign insights and strategies to clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients
- Minimum of 6-7 years of experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation.
- Understanding of PR, digital and social media
- Strong healthcare experience — pharma, HCP, OTC ,health and wellness, advocacy and patient engagement
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analysing data
- Clear and compelling presentation skills
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively with client leads and specialists
- Possess deep intellectual curiosity about culture, media, and technology, and how they affect human behaviour
- Be at ease with actively contributing to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Committed to the highest standards of work quality.
- Be an ambassador for the company, take time to build useful relationships within the company group (IPG)
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion, and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.