Senior Strategic Planner – Health
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick Health, London is recruiting a Strategic Planner to drive the development of insight-based creative ideas and impactful campaigns to support our healthcare clients’ communications and business objectives.
Supported by the Head of Planning and Head of the account teams, this role will be responsible for delivering annual planning and building communications strategies. Part of the Planning and Insight function of Weber Shandwick Health, the ideal candidate will be an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in a category, loves to understand what drives HCPs and patients to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward.
In this role, you will be involved in all elements of brand strategy including creating and analyzing data and market trends, shaping market research, developing strategy and solving brand challenges. This role will support both new business pitches, organic growth opportunities, and existing client work.
- Critical thinking/problem solver who understands how to use research to uncover powerful insights that inspire great strategy and creative
- Not satisfied with status quo, goes beyond the obvious to develop fresh insights
- Creative story telling skills that grab and hold attention
- Good business acumen with the ability to translate client’s business needs into communication objectives
- Quickly dives in and understands brand, business, and category
- Understanding of consumers, patients, HCPs and influential audiences – what motivates, drives, inspires, influences
- Always stays on top of current market trends and strategies to bring fresh thinking
- Must understand healthcare and have proven experience in delivering healthcare strategies for HCPs, Patients
- Develop an immersive understanding of a brand’s market dynamics, customer mind-set, competitors and category trends
- Work with research and analytics to build and deliver research plans
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Derive and articulate insights that understand current behaviours
- Assess competitive strategies & uncover white space opportunities
- Uncover and interpret relevant cultural and social trends
- Synthesize research understanding into actionable opportunities
Build strategy and Creative briefs
- Support with clients annual planning
- Write inspiring creative briefs and work with creatives to ensure ideas are on strategy
- Present insights and strategies to clients that summarize insights and overarching strategy
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients
- Identify measurement KPIs and work with data/analytics team to develop measurement reporting approach
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal teams to build out the strategy offering to clients
- Guide and nurture clients understanding of strategy by showing them what good looks like
- Working with the strategy team to help build out the internal and external function presence with cross-function training, and thought pieces and trend analysis
- Actively participate in the development of strategic tool building
- Understanding of digital and social media
- Strong healthcare experience — pharma, HCP as a minimum
- High level of comfort with research techniques and insight generation
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analyzing data
- Clear and compelling verbal and written story telling skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within the field of life sciences, sociology, anthropology, advertising, marketing or another related field.
- Have a relentless passion and interest in creativity in the area of earned media and trends in the industry and beyond; inspire and encourage new ways of thinking
- Be at ease with actively contributing to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and develop others
- Be an ambassador for the company, take time to build useful relationships within the company group (IPG)
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.