Senior Human Resources Generalist
New York, New York, United States
With oversight from SVP of HR, provide day to day support and guidance to teams on talent related situations and manage and implement talent programs that will support agency business goals, drive employee engagement, retention and high performing teams.
- Partner with business leads to create onboarding plans for new hires to ensure smooth entry to business unit and broader network, including:
- Creating specialized plans where needed based on role and/or level
- Ensuring new hires complete required training
- Ensuring completion of new hire check-ins during first 90 days to support positive employee engagement and faster onboarding to the organization
Engagement, DEI, Learning and Development
- Participate and support office DEI strategies and programs
- Active participation and support of BRGs
- Partner with SVP, Human Resources and local leadership to plan and roll out ongoing training sessions, as well as support compliance with mandatory training (content development, scheduling, resources)
- Help project manage, curate and develop content for key programs for our L&D initiatives (e.g., mentor program, network learning sessions); manage knowledge library for resources
- Manage and support key events and recognition moments to help create a vibrant, inclusive culture
Employee Relations, Benefits and Workforce Planning
- Effectively manage employee relations issues at the junior and mid-levels, managing investigations as needed in partnership with senior HR team members and internal partners
- Problem solve and provide guidance to teams around all HR-related legal concerns, including visa applications, employment law and employment classifications
- Support implementation of HR policies and guidelines and ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws; stay on top of legislation changes
- Attend staffing meetings for assigned business to understand changes in the business and teams
- Provide counsel, trouble shoot issues and respond to inquiries on benefits programs; partner with IPG Corporate HR team members to navigate and solve issues in support of employees
- Maintain understanding of LOA programs to effectively manage employee leaves of absences
- Support annual open enrollment
Performance Management and Compensation
- Partner with business leaders on the development of performance improvement plans and provide support and counsel for these conversations and actions required
- Support the salary review process through distribution of planning sheets, consolidation and review of recommendations
- Manage employee status changes (terms, transfers, new hires, etc.), then communicate with appropriate teams/colleagues to ensure necessary paperwork/process is completed
- Manage employee exit process, and help prepare/analyze exit interview data to inform and shape recommendations for programs to drive retention and engagement
- Create strong relationships with other HR team members, to ensure excellent delivery of HR services and understanding of network resources
- Understand the business of the agency, and share that knowledge with other team members
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5-7 years related HR generalist experience
- Expertise in handling entry and mid-level employee relations scenarios, employment law, coaching and counseling employees and managers
- Solutions oriented, strategic thinker who can re-prioritize, problem-solve and work quickly with a keen eye toward quality
- Empathetic, client service-oriented approach with the ability to effectively interact with talent at all levels of the organization and maintain strict confidentiality
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Strong technology skills, particularly with Excel and an ability to learn and navigate new systems to build reports
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong follow through required
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.