Senior Account Executive, Healthcare PR
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive equivalent) for its growing healthcare practice.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. The Senior Associate will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work, in addition to serving as a key client contact.
You will have experience in healthcare communications and have the ability to translate client needs into project plans. You will will help develop engagement campaigns for a variety of healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical companies and health systems.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2 or more years experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house;
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives;
- Understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media;
- Solid working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists;
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills;
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation motivated;
- Industry: Public Relations and Communications, Marketing and Advertising, Pharmaceuticals
- Manage account team implementation of agreed upon programs to quality standards are met and desired results are delivered on-budget.
- Lead project management, including development and updating of tools to ensure all activities are moving forward and tracking against deadlines.
- Use traditional media as well as influencers and digital/new technologies for PR programming.
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, important message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Manage event and activation logistics in a variety of settings.
- Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria.
- Identify the training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities which enable staff members to reach their full potential.
- Support financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age's Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.