Account Director, Corporate Issues
New York, New York, United States
We are looking for a change agent to help us grow our Global Corporate Issues Practice and support a wide array of high-profile clients with crisis preparedness and live crisis and issues counsel. You are someone who has extensive crisis communications and issues management experience, preferably across multiple industries – and ideally you have previous agency experience, have worked in public affairs or in a political campaign press secretary role. Our team is a group of smart, analytical, and hardworking people who care deeply about helping lead our clients through a crisis to make a positive impact on society. We are on the front lines of some of the biggest, most complex issues – and the nature of our work requires an ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities. You will play an important role on our team, leading a broad range of projects and helping to mentor and grow the skill sets of emerging talent in our practice. You should be digital analytics savvy, have strong writing skills and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support a range of corporate issues and crisis communications situations, including cybersecurity and data breach issues, product safety issues and recalls, workplace culture, community relations, litigation, investigative reporting, and more.
- Serve as the day-to-day client contact — flagging, triaging, and directly managing client issues as they arise.
- Train and motivate emerging talent and help create opportunities for their growth.
- Develop and draft crisis plans, media strategies, reactive media statements, talking points, FAQs, memos, crisis simulations and other deliverables as needed.
- Oversee and execute proactive media outreach and reactive media relations strategies in connection with issues and crisis management strategies as needed.
- Provide regular counsel to clients and colleagues.
- Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met within budget parameters.
- Experience directly counseling clients/senior ranking executives through a broad range of crises, issues and special situations
- Experience with corporate reputation, brand management and protection through integrated communications programs
- Familiarity with the latest digital trends in social media strategy, tools, and analytics
- Experience with cybersecurity event and litigation matter communications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and/or 5+ years of relevant experience in an agency/strategic consulting firm, political campaign, or similar setting
- Proficient understanding of corporate communications and issues management best practices
- Skilled media relations strategist and practitioner with top-tier media relations experience
- Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment
- Exercises exceptional judgment when working with clients, team members, and vendors
- Communicates clearly, analytically, and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Pays close attention to detail and quality of work product
- Adept at solving problems and resolving conflicts
- Capable of mobilizing and motivating teams, anticipating needs, and instilling confidence
- Experience delivering media and crisis training is a plus
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.