Director, Social Strategy
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Director, Social Strategy
The Chicago office of Weber Shandwick is seeking an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic Director of Social Strategy to join our team. This role requires an experienced digital and social strategist who will lead core components of social m strategy and serve as a daily client contact. The Director of Social Strategy will have a high degree of autonomy to lead, develop, and implement strategies across multiple accounts and clients. If you are a digital native and love to manage multiple projects that produce measureable results, you’re right for this role! Weber Shandwick engages audiences in our client’s stories, wherever they get told. Our success is built upon a deep commitment to client service, our community, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and innovative ways to build campaigns that deliver.
- Serve as a day-to-day social strategy contact for a major client
- Develop and implement innovative social brand strategies that are integrated with overall client marketing objectives/goals
- Become an expert on our client’s business and how their communications objectives help achieve business goals.
- Take broad concepts and strategy and translate them into meaningful, actionable social and platform strategy operating plans that achieve our client’s communications objectives.
- Identify ways to measure success against campaign goals and achievable outcomes; determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Provide key data and analysis of digital/social/mobile media campaigns to clients as well as internal staff
- Collaborate with internal and external agency teams to develop and implement integrated media strategy, media planning and program execution
- Lead development of social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social channels
- Define KPIs and implement measurement, analytics and reporting methods to gauge success, providing key data and analysis of digital/social media campaigns to clients as well as internal account and management staff;
- Assess social and digital technological innovations to find ways to further current client offerings and (i.e. PMDs, new social platforms, social listening tools, competitive tracking)
- Participate in new business pitch development and presentations
- Works autonomously on POVs and thought-leadership pieces for internal and external communications (clients and industry)
- Provides ongoing proactive strategic council on areas of opportunity to continue organic business growth and program evolution
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience with a brand (client-side), or a digital advertising and/or digital PR agency, with preference for experience leading and managing social and digital programs (or commensurate experience)
- Possess expert-level proficiency in social media platforms and inherent curiosity about emerging platforms. Should be willing to experiment with cutting-edge platforms and techniques and explain the “why this matters” to client at a strategic level.
- Work well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams – displaying proven ability in running a team, controlling timelines and budgets, anticipating issues and working towards solutions to complex problems.
- Be able to communicate with client contacts across multiple levels, both at a reporting and strategic counsel level
- Have exceptional creative and business writing skill
- Have deep working knowledge of the social and digital ecosystem, including working relationships with social platforms and partners • Understand the paid media environment and how it applies to a holistic social media strategy
- Have the proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Have experience working with an analytics team to measure campaign ROI and generate insights that inform future recommendations and decisions.
- Work well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams of digital strategists and other channel experts – displaying proven ability to run a team, deliver complex programs in a timely manner, control timelines and budgets, anticipate issues and work towards solutions to complex problems.
- Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills and ability to drive an agenda that merges client priorities with target audience interests.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to successfully present program recommendations and establish relationships with senior clients as a trusted advisor.
- Bring enthusiasm for digital business growth and creating never-been-done-before client programs.
- Have the proven ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced office environment that requires and rewards excellence.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.