Associate, Community Management
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Associate, Community Manager
Weber Shandwick Detroit
Our award winning creative studio of writers, designers, builders, strategists, conversation-starters, and storytellers creates ideas and content across paid, owned and earned channels for the worlds most beloved brands – globally.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Digital Strategist/Community Manager to drive engagement and deliver strategic insight on behalf of a major client. The Digital Strategist/Community Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives including campaigns, content creation, insights gathering and driving customer engagement.
An ideal candidate will have not only deep understanding of the tools, platforms, and technologies, but truly be in tune with emerging trends within digital and social media, as well as understand the broader cultural shift taking place through digital means.
DESCRIPTION & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core day-to-day operational team for social media/social networking and publishing activities
- Plan and maintain community content calendars to guide content efforts
- Post, monitor, engage and report (category, competitive and client insights) on behalf of clients on social platforms
- Ensure consistent and accurate messaging across multiple platforms while adhering to channel best practices
- Help to identify social extensions for existing communications, marketing and advertising programs
- Track, measure and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) and identify recommendations and opportunities for improvement, helping to establish best-in-class operational guidelines
- Identify new audiences and influencers for content opportunities and content syndication
- Identify new trends in social space
- Work within a team of community managers across a master brand, collaborating on opportunities and sharing best practices
- Strong familiarity with established and emerging social media platforms
- Ability to identify stories that resonate and engage with target audiences
- Knowledge of analytics services, including Google Analytics and Omniture
- Knowledge of social media services, such as Spredfast and Crimson Hexagon
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
NUMBER OF YEARS EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally, the candidate will have 1-2+ years of digital experience
- Four-year college degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.