Senior Account Executive – Public Health PR
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The Weber Shandwick team in Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Account Executive for our healthcare practice.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about a career in public health and is interested in the intersection of healthcare and public policy. You will have 2+ years of experience working on campaigns for a variety of healthcare organizations and public health initiatives, is a fervent reader of the news, and experienced in conducting traditional media monitoring, research and developing communications materials. We're passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Strong writing skills are a must.
- Provide communication support for the development of public health campaigns, including working with interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists
- Develop communication and media materials (social media posts, fact sheets, pitch emails, backgrounders)
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely campaign results and monitoring reports to reviewer
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- 2+ years experience working on healthcare campaigns in an agency setting in public health
- Knowledge of health policy issues in the United States and/or global health issues.
- Interest and background in public health, ideally with experience working with government agencies
- Experience working closely with several types of teams and ability to promote cross-functional team integration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.