Product Development Manager
New York, New York, United States
Product Development Manager:
We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a Product Development Manager to join the growing Weber Shandwick product team to deeply understand our clients to solve their communication needs with innovative technology.
The fundamental goal of this role is to ensure we create the right products to move our business forward, by working closely with cross-functional partners to surface needs, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on products.
The position will directly report to the Head of Product, and will work with teams across all North American practice areas and lead the operations of Weber Shandwick’s most exciting product development.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Define the operating structure and processes to implement on product strategy as an individual contributor on a highly-effective product team
- Foster a community of strategic leaders to encourage meaningful impact to the business
- Maintain regular communications with key partners across Weber
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs and align with the stakeholders to create requirements in the form of user stories
- Ensure functional partners are aligned on key objectives for the program/product
- Advise product team members on the global feasibility of products throughout the product lifecycle
- Gather product requirement, develop an end-to-end product rollout plan, and project-manage implementation
- Engage in discussions with the Development teams to execute and deliver on new products
- Distill very technical concepts to business users and vice versa
- Prioritize and plan features based on company and stakeholder priorities and business values
- Translate product strategy into detailed plan, requirements and prototypes
- Consistently solicit user feedback for continuous improvement
- Work closely with data scientists and engineering teams including participating in agile ceremonies
- Collaborate with key partners (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare the product for launch
- Track core business metrics related to the product
- Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to advise product improvements
What We Are Looking For:
- As a key player in our organization, you will focus on contributing to complex multi-continental engagements and liaise with global leaders at top performing organizations. The work we do is unique and requires a synthesis of many diverse data points, methodologies and perspectives to create differentiated analyses for our clients. We operate with a very lean structure built on mutual accountability.
- We are seeking a talented team member to work with a small but entrepreneurial group to leverage our proprietary tools and data sets to provide unique insights to the world’s leading brands.
- 3-5 years of full-time product management experience, preferably in an agile environment
- Strong capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- Strong communication skills – you can communicate and present complex concepts to different levels of stakeholders in a digestible way
- Stellar interpersonal skills – you are comfortable speaking to a variety of stakeholders, internally and externally
- Exceptional time management skills – you are able to effectively prioritize resources, work and negotiating product or project needs
- The ability to take initiative and ownership of a process from start-to-finish in a results-driven environment
- Large scale, global project management experience
- Ability to use data to inform and support critical decisions
- Experience with Jira, Github, GCP or AWS
- Deep analytical experience; past experience of Machine Learning (ML) and Natrual Language Processing is a plus
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.