Associate – Media Relations, Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
ASSOCIATE, MEDIA RELATIONS (Account Executive equivalent)
The Integrated Media practice at Weber Shandwick New York has an exciting opportunity for an Associate, Media Relations (Account Executive) to join our team. You will be focused on healthcare consumer accounts as well as some pharma accounts. This opportunity is perfect for a strategic, creative and organized individual, who is a fast-learner and keen observer of cultural trends. You will be passionate about media – both traditional and new – and exhibit a curiosity for new ways to engage.
As a crucial supporting role on client work, you will work closely with multiple cross-channel marketing and PR teams within the Boston office and across the nation to help with the development, execution and measurement of local and national campaigns on behalf of our clients. You will have the confidence to actively participate in client and team projects, but also the motivation to own solo projects with an intuition of when to reach out for collaboration.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support the strategic development of public relations and media relations plans and campaigns
- Develop written media and communications materials – from media pitches to digital content
- Pitch media and manage coverage opportunities, as appropriate
- Research media topics, cultural trends, digital influencers and reporters to support new assignments
- Partner with clients and help with client communications, including developing and coordinating routine account management materials, including timelines, activity reports, client documentation and project management support
- Monitor, analyze and manage client coverage reports, using industry measurement and listening tools to identify opportunities for growth and strategic evolution
- Research industry trends and develop fact sheets, briefing materials and research summaries
- Staff client events (when deemed safe) and manage on-site media and influencers at local and national events
- Work with colleagues across the country to be constantly in search of ways to improve work with identify subject matter experts, media insights and other best practices
- Help develop executional plans and proactively offer solutions on assigned programs
- 1+ years of communications experience
- Strong media relations skills and relationships with national, regional and local levels and across platforms
- Previous consumer goods/brands and related industries experience
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Open to giving and receiving constructive and respectful feedback in a timely manner
- Desire to continuously learn new skills and knowledge, and willingness to share skills and knowledge with fellow team members, and client partners
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.