Account Manager (Consumer PR)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a high-performing, ambitious Account Manager to join our team in Scotland. You’ll focus mainly on our consumer clients, which includes leading food and drink, retail and travel brands.
As the only global communications agency with a presence in Scotland we deliver award-winning campaigns that strike up conversations with consumers and brands. From national media to Tik Tok, we traverse channels with awe-inspiring creative content thanks to an integrated team of strategists, creatives, designers and platform experts.
You need to be creative and awesome at media relations, with an eye for detail and the guts to be bold. You will be supported by the A-Team (not literally), have access to all the spoils of a big, global, award-winning agency and the freedom to make your mark in this role and in your career.
We are a close-knit team based across offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. We support each other to learn and be creative and we celebrate success, as often as we can. From weekly yoga and HIIT to personalised training and development programmes, we support our team to be the best they can be.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives
- Creatively developing media programmes that meet the client brief
- Taking responsibility to execute media relations strategies
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns
- Being part of the creative development of integrated campaigns.
- Building lasting client relationships providing the client with added value solutions and developing new ideas
- Managing accounts, advising and supporting clients, ensuring results are achieved and client’s overall objectives are met.
- Mentoring junior staff.
Who are you?
Ideally you are an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Account Executive or Account Manager with strong foundations in the world of PR. You are a positive energy within a team, with a can-do attitude and are someone for the junior members of the practice to look up to and mirror your strong work ethic. You'll need:
- Fantastic copywriting skills
- Experience working with national, high profile brands
- Great media contacts across a range of platforms beyond traditional publications
- Experience of managing junior team members
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business.
- Be an extremely organised person
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a creative and inquisitive mind
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a no-quit attitude
- Grit and determination
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.