Senior Manager, Integrated Media (Media & Influencer Strategy)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PRIMARY LOCATION: CANADA – ONTARIO – TORONTO
If you’ve got a passion for PR, here’s an opportunity to grow your career at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency. Weber Shandwick Canada is PRovoke Media’s Canadian Agency of the Year, IABC Canadian Large Agency of the Year (five years running), and boasts the most exciting client list of any agency in the country.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
We’re looking for a team player to help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated earned, owned and paid media strategies. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media and influencers, and constantly immersing yourself in media, culture and technology trends to drive impact for brands.
With 5-7 years of experience across the media, influencer and digital/social landscape, you’ll work within integrated account teams to create campaigns that drive earned media coverage and activate influencer programs that generate meaningful and measurable results. Familiarity with both traditional media as well as digital and social platforms is key.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Help develop and lead innovative and award-winning integrated PR campaigns for major Canadian and global brands
- Weave earned media, influencer, social and paid tactics together into integrated plans that tell our clients’ stories and exceed their expectations
- Develop strategic media relations plans, including goals and objectives, media targets, story angles and outreach approaches, in collaboration with and support from senior media relations experts
- Identify and build relationships with influencers and content creators to bring our clients’ stories to life through trusted and relatable voices
- Identify new outlets and platforms, and creative ways to propel earned-first storytelling for our clients
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect our clients, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Develop strategic messaging and provide counsel for clients’ issues and reputational risks
- Develop and track meaningful KPIs to measure success of campaigns and return on investment for our clients
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Assist in the development and coaching of junior team members
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Approximately 5-7 years of experience, ideally in an agency, communications or journalism environment
- Strong understanding of the overall media and social media landscape
- Established media relationships and illustrative examples of past success
- Proven ability to garner earned-first coverage and conversation on behalf of brands, organizations, companies or other institutions
- Familiarity with media and/or influencer databases, journalist-led tools and resources
- Ability to work effectively with integrated agency teams
- A working style that is self-motivated, well-organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests and deliverables
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- A degree in communications or a related discipline
This will be a fully remote start, however, as our offices re-open we will permanently adopt a hybrid work schedule. This will mean, for most of our teams, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote each week.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.