Senior Manager, Social & Influencer Strategy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Senior Manager, Integrated Media (SOCIAL & Influencer Strategy)
PRIMARY LOCATION: CANADA – ONTARIO – TORONTO
CANADA – QUEBEC – MONTREAL
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto or Montreal. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
We are looking for a collaborative, self-starter with deep expertise in social platforms and influencer marketing, who has the proven ability to create compelling storytelling narratives and bring them to life through creative digital strategies.
Our ideal candidate is a thinker and doer, ready to jump in the deep end and support the team on everything from planning and managing complex social media and influencer campaigns, compiling and analyzing reports to actively participating in creative brainstorms. Candidates should have a foundational understanding of the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in digital campaign orchestration.
In addition to digital and influencer expertise, this is a key role in building lasting relationships with clients and translating their goals into successful, integrated programs. This person will serve as a trusted strategic counselor to senior clients across multiple industries.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding and applying best-in-class social and paid media practices (and platform capabilities)
- Working with the Integrated Media team and client leads to support and lead the development of social media and influencer strategies and proposals
- Creating and managing social media content calendars
- Developing and leading end-to-end influencer campaigns
- Conducting landscape and social listening research to identify content, creative and strategic opportunities
- Overseeing social content development including working with the in-house content team
- Creation and presentation of reports to track campaign performance and provide insight that inform the next planning cycle
- Utilizing social listening tools to conduct audits and develop reports and campaign monitors
- Providing platform-specific counsel related to preventing, mitigating and managing issues and crisis-related scenarios
- Assisting in digital education and training programs for the wider agency
- Educating agency on best practice in the social media and digital space, proactively sharing knowledge and updates
- Assisting with new business proposals
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing, influencer and social media landscape
- Agency experience a plus
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Experience with social analytics and monitoring tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or Khoros
- Experience preferred with influencer management tools, such as Dovetale, Traackr or Tagger
- Experience preferred with social listening tools, such as Talkwalker, Brandwatch, Sysomos or other widely adopted services
- Experience preferred in setting up paid campaigns on major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience with Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and Instagram Analytics
- A BA or BS, or equivalent degree in communications, digital marketing, or a related discipline preferred
ABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.