Senior Copywriter (Healthcare)
New York, New York, United States
Senior Copywriter – Healthcare
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a talented Senior Copywriter to join our team in New York. Healthcare creative is often seen as boring and conservative. We work every day to prove that not to be true. But it takes a special type of creative.
You’re someone who:
- Loves to be challenged
- Gets to the point, fast
- Is a team player
- Thinks outside of the box
- Is ready to raise their hand
What You Will Be Doing:
- Craft overall campaign messaging direction, maintaining consistency.
- Write short- and long-form copy including concept manifesto, digital/social copy, video script, pitch documents and a range of campaign material.
- Develop and adhere to multiple brand voices.
- Collaborate with the greatest minds across the network.
- Brainstorm award-winning creative ideas that impact patients’ lives.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers.
- Cultivate an inclusive culture as a part of the team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability towards defined goals and results.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience in a related agency, department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- An interest in the healthcare/pharmaceutical space.
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced).
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Advanced knowledge of brand development, marketing/advertising, and the creative process.
- Knowing what makes for compelling work – be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d thought to do that” envy.
- Ability to effectively communicate through any medium (a script, a tweet, a pin, a manifesto, a speech).
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with art directors and designers.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.